Friday, January 13, 2012

Ever had to use your SuperMom super powers?

SuperMom to the rescue!!!! Have you ever thought that since you became a mom you’ve acquired super powers? I do and I have a story to tell you to prove it.

It was a nice quiet afternoon. My son, Buggie, was doing his daily quiet time in his room and I was playing with my 6 month old daughter, Lady Bug on our couch. She was giggling at me as I played peek-a-boo. I thought this would be a perfect time to grab my video camera since I so rarely have a quiet moment with just her. She was propped up in the corner of our couch, resting between the back of the couch and the arm rest. I should have known better but I quickly turned around and out of the corner of my eye I saw her tipping forward. It all seemed to happen in slow motion and if this has ever happened to you, you know what I’m describing.

Without hesitation I leaped towards her, desperately trying to catch her. Using the couch as a buffer I gently scooped her up into my arms. She was obviously startled but I knew her cry and it wasn’t from pain. I nailed my side on the corner of our coffee table but it’s almost like I didn’t feel that initial twinge of pain.

My hubby will be the first person to tell you that I’m incredibly uncoordinated and clumsy. I was a swimmer growing up and I’ve always said that I’m better in water not on land. When it comes to my kids’ safety that clumsiness disappears and I have reflexes as fast as a cat. I think I shall call myself MamaCat during these moments.

What about you? What’s your mama super power?

Elizabeth (aka Bert) Anderson married her college sweetheart in 2005, and started her journey into motherhood in 2008 with the birth of her son. She started blogging in 2009 as a way to keep track of her thoughts on being a first time mom, especially her struggle with postpartum depression, and as a way of reaching out to other moms who are struggling with the same things. This June, Bert had another first in her motherhood travels - a little girl! Even though she's newly a mother of two, Bert maintains that no matter how many children you have you will always be a "first time mom" because there's a first time for everything! Visit her blog, at FTM. Bert is a contributor for She Thinks Media.

0 comments:

Post a Comment