running bikes should be a must have for any child, especially little boys. Once your little one is old enough to want a big kids bike instead of a tricycle, usually the first thing you or a grandparent does is run out and buy them a little bike with training wheels. The problem from my experience, is that those bikes are really heavy and are not really made to be functional without training wheels.
Plus, once you start with the training wheels your child forgets that bike riding involves balance and chances are they'll have a hard time transitioning to life without those little plastic wheels.
With the Strider Running bike your child will learn to balance first, it'll come naturally and easily for them and before you know it they'll be ready for a regular bike without the training wheels.
What are the features of the Strider Running Bike:
Give your kids a head start on learning balance and control of a two-wheeler! The Strider™ running bike eliminates the need for a tricycle or training wheels and offers your child a vehicle he or she can have a blast riding for years. The Strider™ develops muscles, coordination, motor skills, and endurance... all under the guise of sheer fun!
- Super light. Less that 7 pounds (about 1/3 the weight of a typical 12" pedal bike with training wheels).
- Unique frame design has integrated Launch Pad™ footrests for gliding and learning advanced riding skills.
- Puncture-proof all-terrain tires with sealed bearings and 5/16" steel axles.
- Durable welded steel frame and handlebars
- 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Adjustable handlebar and seat height to fit riders from 30" to 44" tall (saddle height adjusts from 11" to 16" from ground)
- Paint certified to be significantly below the CA Prop. 65 limits for heavy metal content, including lead.
- Available in 6 colors (red, blue, yellow, green, orange, and pink)
- Rider weight limit of 50 pounds.