Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Why I think the Medela Pump in Style is a must have!

You might have read my post about pumping while at work where I mentioned how much I loved my Medela Pump In Style.  I seriously could not have lived without it.  I'm going to highlight for you the reasons why I loved it so much and the reasons you should consider investing in one.
  • It's fast!  With the Pump In Style you can adjust the suction and the speed to get just the right results.  This really helped me make my pumping sessions efficient and make the most of my let-downs when the milk was really flowing.
  • It's dual action!  Being able to pump both breasts at the same time was a lifesaver. I can't even imagine having to do it manually one at a time.  That would have meant that I would have needed three times as much time when I went to pump and it's exhausting.  Not to mention, what happens if you're pumping one side and the other starts to letdown?
  • It's quality made and a well-known brand.  This means that if a part breaks, you lose it, you need new replacement accessories or pieces then they'll be easy to find.  Not only does Luvaboos carry some of the spare parts, you most likely can find them other places locally and/or online.  If you were using a no-name brand the chances of you finding spare parts in a timely manner are not great.
  • It's super easy to  clean.  When you're at work you need to clean your pumps pieces after you pump so it will be ready to go for the next session.  The Pump In Style comes apart easily so you can quickly and thoroughly clean it between pumping sessions.
  • You can pump hands free!  Withe regular Pump In Style or the FreeStyle you can pump without using your hands.  This means if you need to, you can tend to baby, answer phones, work on the computer and multi-task in other ways.  Being able to do other things while your're pumping allows you to take your mind off of it and often helps you express more milk, unlike when you feel you're in a hurry or having to watch the clock.
  • You can save it for use with future children!  Because they're so well made you can save them and reuse them next time you have a baby!  Worried the parts have gotten old?  Just buy new accessories for it and you'll be good to go!
Overall, yes it's an investment, but if you are going to be pumping at all then I highly recommend you purchase one or register for one.  It's a breastfeeding accessory that is an absolute necessity.  You won't regret having a Medela Pump In Style!

0 comments:

Post a Comment