Monday, September 12, 2011

Luvaboos Instructor Interview with Linda!

We'd love for you to get to know another one of our fabulous class instructors!  Today we're featuring our interview with Linda!  Read all about Linda, our Baby Signing Time Instructor, her family and the classes she teaches below.

Tell us a little about yourself and your family-
I have been married to my husband Bill for 30 years. Between us we have 6 children and 9 grandchildren.
We have always lived in the Rochester area and we are now living in Spencerport.

Tell us about your hobbies and/or interests outside of teaching-
I love spending time with my family. I like to walk and read and travel. We try to go to Florida every year and I love spending time at the beach.



What are the names and descriptions of the class(es) that you teach?
Baby Signing Time, Sing, Sign and Play Classes: are for hearing babies 4-24 mos. and their caregiver. We use books, music and playful activities to teach babies and adults how to use simple ASL signs for pre verbal communication. We will meet once a week for 6 weeks for 45 minutes.  Each class will have a theme (ie: bedtime signs, bath signs etc.) Supplies are included. Have fun with your baby, learn, play and make new friends.

How did you become interested in teaching and what do you enjoy most about it?
I became interested when my grandson was 18 months old.  He was speech delayed and very frustrated. His speech therapist and parents started teaching him to communicate with ASL signs.  Signing helped him so much that I wanted to learn more about signing with babies and toddlers.  I researched the subject thoroughly and decided to open my own business (Tiny Hands Talk To Me) so that I could help other parents and babies learn how to use ASL signs for pre verbal communication.

There  is something magical about seeing a baby actually be able to communicate his wants and needs before he can speak. I have had the privilege of seeing several babies signing their 1st sign. It's an awesome sight.

Throughout your class session is there a specific topic or activity that you look forward to?

I enjoy the whole class but watching the babies respond to the music is fun. They love when we sing and sign to them.

What's your favorite product or product line at the Luvaboos store?
So much has changed since my kids were babies, the whole store intrigues me. I especially like the little 2 wheel bikes that don't need training wheels.

Current class dates, times, cost and any other pertinent information-
Tues Sept. 20-Oct. 25 two classes to choose from
10:00-10:45 or 1:00-1:45  fee is $65. for 6 classes, can be pro rated if need be.
*Class times and dates are subject to change.  Please check the Luvaboos schedule for official dates and times.

Contact info for those interested in signing up-
To register for class please call Luvaboos at 319-4981.(1-5 Mon-Fri) (Sat 11-5) or stop in the store.  Online sign up is also available at Luvaboos.com.

To contact me (Linda) for more info or questions please call 259-1304 or lindasmk@yahoo.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment