Saturday, September 24, 2011

Meet our Lamaze Class Instructor, Tamara!

Did you know that our Childbirth, A Joyful Experience class is a Lamaze Class?  Get to know Tamara, our class instructor by reading her interview below.  You'll also find great information on how to register for classes and contact information in the event that you have questions.

Tell us a little about yourself and your family-
I am a certified doula with DONA and a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator.   I have been a doula for 10+ years, have attended 55 births and absolutely love it!  My main goal as a doula and a childbirth educator is assist you to have the kind of birth you desire.  My husband and I reside in Geneseo, NY and we have 5 wonderful children.   Abigail (16), Rebekah (14), Bethany (12), Timothy (3), and Phoebe (1)!  They are awesome!

Tell us about your hobbies and/or interests outside of teaching-
We are a homeschooling family – that keeps me pretty busy.  Also, we are very active in our church, serving as elders, nursery worker, and helping to run the bookstore/coffee shop.  My girls play soccer in the fall – and therefore, I become an avid “soccer mom” with two little cheerleaders in tow! 

Name and Description of your class(es) that you teach-
The birth of a child is among the most precious and wonderful moments a couple can share.  In order to enjoy this experience, training is necessary.  Childbirth: A Joyful Experience is a Lamaze® course designed to train both husband and wife to be prepared for this extraordinary event.

Our goal is to prepare you for the kind of birth you want to have.   Through focused information and training, Childbirth: A Joyful Experience is an excellent choice for you and your family.

How did you become interested in teaching and what do you enjoy most about it?
In 2001, a friend of mine asked me to teach her what I did when I had my first three children.  She had had a poor childbirth experience with her first and was pregnant with a second.  Being a type A personality, I dove in with both feet and wrote a manual!  My husband and I taught that couple and then I was hooked.  From there I taught several other couples, mutual friends who had heard I taught that first couple.  I researched certifying organizations, became certified as a doula first and then a childbirth educator.  I love it!!!  My passion is to help couples have the birth they desire!

Throughout your class session is there a specific topic or activity that you look forward to?
(in other words, what's your favorite part of your class)
My favorite part of teaching childbirth class is watching confidence grow in mom’s–to-be.  At the first class, many of the women are very nervous about giving birth.  By the last class, most of the women are confident and excited about it!

What's your favorite product or product line at the Luvaboos store?  Cloth diapers!


Current class dates, times, cost and any other pertinent information-

November 5th – Express Class.  $125 – discount given for registering early


Contact info for those interested in signing up-

tamaralynn@rochester.rr.com
585-243-1515

0 comments:

Post a Comment