Thursday, July 28, 2011

Get to know Chelse, the mama behind EIEIO Photography!

Today we're featuring Chelse of eieio Photography!  We want you to get to know her a little better.
 

Tell us a little about you and your family?

I have two little ones. Lucas, 3 (my wild boy) and Claire 6 (going on 26). Lucas is a all boy, but he LOVES his sister. (and nutrigrain bars, we are on a 12 step program). Claire is super shy, but I could see her as a performer-makes no sense! She loves music and acting out whole movies. My husband is from Barcelona Spain! We have been married for 10 years. I met him when he was and exchange student my senior year of high school and we have been together ever since (16 years ago!).

When and how did you realize you had a talent and passion for photography?
Since I was in high school I have been into video, photography, music and all of them together! I have always loved the impact photography can have. I wanted to work for MTV in college, but realized I would have to move to NYC or LA to go that route. So I decided to follow my husband around for a while and do whatever I came across. I continued taking photos. Finally about 6 years ago, when I had Claire I really put all my attention back into photography. I loved it. and luckily so did some other people.

What is your favorite type of location to take photos?
I think my favorite location is actually in people's homes. I love how different everyone's world is. When the photos really capture their personalities. I also love anything in a field. I know the fad will end, but I will try and keep it alive as long as possible!! I am a big time country gal. Born and raised. So a field is where I feel like me.

If you have a photo that you consider one of your best, or very special to you, what is it and why?
I have a really hard time picking out favorite photos. I think all photographers do. We keep waiting for the next time we shoot. The next one will be our favorite....BUT I took one of my son and daughter I so love. The photo has problems. (which many photographers could pick out easily) but to me it is perfect.

Any special accomplishments or business goals that you're super proud of?
I try and create goals every year. I think everyone should. Mine are pretty specific. Last year I wanted to be published. I was so excited to have a wedding featured in WellWed magazine! a 3 page spread! and also I had a wedding published on my favorite national style blog, Style me Pretty. I also opened my own studio! That was huge.

Any goals for the future that you'd like to share?
Strangely enough after opening it, I know long to help other photographers. I am a really competitive person, but I also am a teacher. (I taught 2nd grade and child birthing classes....) I love helping people and take it as a huge compliment when they want to learn from me! In the next year I hope to help other business women, photographers and beyond achieve their goals! I have a couple really fun resources I am developing. From a photography stand point I would love to expand on my birth photography. I think birth is such a miracle! I want to help more families remember that day forever!!

Like what you've read?  You can check out more of Chelse's beautiful photos on either of her sites:
eieio Photography
glowweddings.us
or follow her on FaceBook:
EIEIOPhotography on FaceBook

0 comments:

Post a Comment